July 1 all car dealers must make a vehicle history available
All vehicles with history must have a red sticker posted on the car
GotPlates.com is the only provider of Red Stickers for
VERIFIED CLEAN TITLE cars
Any car buyer can run a DMV Approved Vehicle History Report for $ 10.
An autobroker’s endorsement requires payment of fees as required by subdivision (d) of Section 9262 of the California Vehicle Code.
A dealer may not engage in brokering a retail sales transaction without having an autobroker’s endorsement to their dealer’s license.
Upon issuance of an autobroker’s endorsement to a dealer’s license, the department shall furnish the dealer with an autobroker’s log. The autobroker’s log remains the property of the department and may be taken at any time for inspection.
The autobroker’s log must contain the following information with respect to each retail sale brokered by that dealer:
- Vehicle identification number of brokered vehicle
- Date of brokering agreement
- Selling dealer’s name, address, and dealer number
- Name of consumer
- Brokering dealer’s name, address, and dealer number (CVC Section 11735)
A dealer who brokers a motor vehicle sale shall deposit directly into a trust account any purchase money, including purchase deposits, it receives from a consumer or a consumer’s lender.
- All trust accounts required by CVC Section 11737 shall be maintained at a branch of a bank, savings and loan association, or credit union regulated by the state or the government of the United States.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view, fill out and print forms. To incorporate the latest accessibility features download of the latest version of Acrobat Reader may be required. If you have problems with Acrobat Reader see the Adobe Troubleshooting page for possible solutions.
- Dismantlers Handbook of Registration Procedures (first page is HTMLbalance of handbook is in PDF)
- Driver Education Curriculum
- Driver Education Lesson Plan (guidelines) (PDF)
- Driving School (PDF)
- Driving School Instructor Plan (guidelines) (PDF)
- Guide for Licensed Vehicle Dealers and Lessor-Retailers (PDF)
- Lesson Plan Guidelines for Used Vehicle Dealer Education Programs (PDF)
- Mature Driver Improvement Course Guidelines (PDF)
- OL Disciplinary Guidelines (PDF)
- Registration Service (PDF)
- Representative (PDF)
- Student License Manual (PDF)
- Traffic Violator School (PDF)
- Vehicle Dealer (PDF)
- Vehicle Dismantler (PDF)
- Vehicle Distributor Program (PDF)
- Vehicle Industry Procedures Manual
- Vehicle Lessor-Retailer Program (PDF)
- Vehicle Manufacturer (PDF)
- Vehicle Remanufacturer (PDF)
- Vehicle Salesperson (PDF)
- Vehicle Transporter (PDF)
- Vehicle Verifier (PDF)
- Vessel Registration Agent (PDF)
Are you complying with the Red Flags Rule?
The Red Flags Rule requires many businesses and organizations to implement a written Identity Theft Prevention Program designed to detect the warning signs — or “red flags” — of identity theft in their day-to-day operations. By identifying red flags in advance, businesses will be better equipped to spot suspicious patterns that may arise — and take steps to prevent a red flag from escalating into a costly episode of identity theft.
Resources on this site can help business people educate their staff and colleagues about complying with the Red Flags Rule.
What Compliance Looks Like
Your Identity Theft Prevention Program is a “playbook” that must include reasonable policies and procedures for detecting, preventing, and mitigating identity theft. Your Program should enable your organization to:
- identify relevant patterns, practices, and specific forms of activity — the “red flags” — that signal possible identity theft;
- incorporate business practices to detect red flags;
- detail your appropriate response to any red flags you detect to prevent and mitigate identity theft; and
- be updated periodically to reflect changes in risks from identity theft.
The Red Flags Rule also includes guidelines to help financial institutions and creditors develop and implement a Program, including a supplement that offers examples of red flags.
The FTC and the federal financial agencies have issued Frequently Asked Questions and answers to help businesses comply with the Rule.
Who Must Comply with the Red Flags Rule?
The Rule requires “financial institutions” and “creditors” that hold consumer accounts designed to permit multiple payments or transactions — or any other account for which there is a reasonably foreseeable risk of identity theft — to develop and implement an Identity Theft Prevention Program for new and existing accounts. The definition of “financial institution” includes:
- all banks, savings associations, and credit unions, regardless of whether they hold a transaction account belonging to a consumer; and
- anyone else who directly or indirectly holds a transaction account belonging to a consumer.
A change in the law on December 18, 2010 amended the the definition of “creditor,” and limits the circumstances under which creditors are covered. The new law covers creditors who regularly, and in the ordinary course of business, meet one of three general criteria. They must:
- obtain or use consumer reports in connection with a credit transaction;
- furnish information to consumer reporting agencies in connection with a credit transaction; or
- advance funds to — or on behalf of — someone, except for funds for expenses incidental to a service provided by the creditor to that person.
Bookmark this site and check it often for revisions that reflect changes in the law.
Are you taking steps to protect personal information? Safeguarding sensitive data in your files and on your computers is just plain good business. After all, if that information falls into the wrong hands, it can lead to fraud or identity theft.
A one-stop national resource to learn about the crime of identity theft. It provides detailed information to help you deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.
Provides practical tips from the federal government and the technology industry to help computer users be on guard against Internet fraud, secure their computers, and protect their personal information.
Educates consumers and businesses about the importance of personal information privacy, including the security of personal information.
ARE YOU CONSIDERING A WHOLESALE CAR DEALER LICENSE IN CALIFORNIA ???
Invest $ 100. in your car dealer future
dont be stupid OR LAZY
and get scammed by out-of-state CAR DEALER LICENSE offers
we are gotplates.com at 800-901-5950
Which Class would you like?
DMV Dealer Education Providers
Type of Class Offered
|**X||Auto Support Group
|X||X||X||X||X||Motorsports Market On-Line Courses, Live Classes and Home Study
|X||X||X||X||X||Automotive Systems Analysis
|X||X||X||X||X||TriStar Motors, LLC
|X||X||24-7 Dealer Training Specialists
|X||X||California Auto Dealer Education
|X||Central Valley Dealers
Licensing Renewal Service
|X||Superior Vehicle Dealer Training Institute
|X||X||Inland Empire/Orange County Dealer School
|X||X||X||Dealer Training Experts of Northern California
|X||X||X||X||X||$85 Dealer Education
|X||X||X||X||Los Angeles Dealer School
|*X||Dealer License Seminars of San Diego
|X||X||X||X||X||Golden State Educational Services
|X||X||X||X||X||Dealer Education Services
|X||X||Coffer Dealer Education
|X||Cesar Carrascos Dealer Licensing Seminars
|X||Colby Learning Center of San Diego
|X||X||Dealers Support Group
|X||Online Auto Dealer ED
|X||California Accredited Dealer Education
Phone: (714) 300-4148
**Continuing Education only
Last updated: 07/23/2012
Manheim Expands Mobile Services
Stay on top of your business with the latest mobile features from Manheim. To experience on-the-go convenience of some of the site’s most popular features, go to www.manheim.com from any mobile device, or download the Manheim app for iPhone® and Android™.
The New and Improved Manheim App
With the full Manheim set of tools at your fingertips, you can always find the vehicle you need, no matter where you are. New features include:
- Scan a VIN, get the MMR.
- Full vehicle search.
- Bid, Buy Now, or Make an Offer.
- Simulcast proxy bidding.
- CarFax, AutoCheck, and condition reports.
To download the new Manheim app, just search “Manheim” in the App StoreSM or Android Marketplace, or scan the QR code at right.
Get the Condition Information You Need Right on Your Mobile Device!
Now, you can view condition reports and seller disclosure information with ease from your phone, iPad, or other web-enabled device. With condition reports and seller disclosure information optimized for mobile use, you can:
- Access vehicle condition information anytime, anywhere.
- Get all of the information you need to make smart business decisions.
- See the exact same information you expect to see on desktop reports.
Did You Know?
A 2009 study of dealers’ mobile Internet use inspired Manheim to develop a variety of mobile services to help you source and manage pre-owned inventory anywhere your business takes you. Other recently-enhanced mobile features include:
- Manheim Market Report (MMR): Offering a faster, free and simplified version of Internet MMR for dealers using handheld mobile devices.
- Mobile Search allows you to easily search Manheim’s entire online and in-lane inventory.
- Remote access to the mobile version of My Workbook enables you to review all previously saved searches and to save new vehicles.
Manheim Financial Services (MAFS) provides floor plan inventory financing for independent car dealers and rental dealers in the U.S. and Canada. Manheim has over 90 locations across the U.S. and Canada, each of which includes a MAFS office and service-oriented staff to service our customer’s floor plan needs.
In addition, MAFS is also available in more than 125 independent non-Manheim auctions, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Thrifty Car Sales and ATC-Open. Together with the Manheim Service Centers, MAFS is available at more than 200 locations with more to come in the future.
- MAFS Inventory Financing
- MAFS Rental Inventory Financing
- MAFS Receivables Funding
MAFS Inventory Financing:
MAFS provides inventory financing (floor planning). Our flexible terms allow you to maximize
- Financing can increase your available working capital
- Competitive rates make it affordable
- Up to 90-day inventory financing for the Gold Card
- Up to 100% financing
- Easier to complete the buying process than paying cash
- Provides purchasing power at over 200 auctions
MAFS Rental Inventory Financing:
MAFS also provides rental inventory financing. MAFS rental program provides all the advantages a dealer would expect from partnering with an industry leader. As complicated as the rental business can be, MAFS makes financing a rental dealer’s inventory easy.
- Industry leading customer service
- Up to 24 months financing frees up capital
- Up to 100% financing
- Competitive rates
- In many cases, no upfront cash on vehicle purchases
- Convenient and flexible depreciation schedules
MAFS Receivables Funding:
MAFS offers receivables financing to selected MAFS dealers. Primarily point of sale funding, this is a full recourse program designed to complement the entire package of MAFS programs.
MAFS also has a 45 Special program. It has many of the same benefits of the Gold Card, but requires no insurance and no financials. With limited paperwork , dealers can take advantage of a MAFS floor plan quickly.
- MAFS receivables funding will free up your capital to increase your sales volume, and expand your portfolio
- Provides up to 100% financing
- Dealer retains control of contracts
- Dealer continues to collect & service the retail account
- Payoff of MAFS financed vehicles is easy and seamless
MAFS also offers the following programs for unique needs:
- Recreational Vehicles – a special financing program tailored to fit the unique needs of dealers selling driveable RV’s, tow behind campers, trailers, 5th wheel trailers,ATV’s and motorcycles.
- BIG Truck – a special financing program tailored to fit the unique needs of dealers selling Class 6, 7 and 8 type trucks and vehicles with a gross vehicle weight (GVW) of 19,501 lbs. and above.
- Insurance Services – MAFS can offer dealers physical damage/open lot coverage at very competitive rates.
- Dealers enjoy the savings associated with being part of a large group plan.